Saturday, June 13, 2009

6-13-09 Thought of the Day

It is sad when we consider that prior to mankind, the world was in harmony.

Some animals lived and other died, but the balance remained.

Yet mankind, like a parasite, seeks a new host, and as such, we expanded, conquered, and destroyed that what was native, and they were here before us by tens of thousands of years.

I found the below link.

I doubt fewer than handful of people in the world know who he was

He was a man, known to have killed that last of its kind.

Sad.

I hope that before he died, he thought to himself, What if I was the last? Would something, some other creature, take my life? And therefore ending humanity.

Crappy word Humanity.

Sounds like we are "humane"

We are not.

We are human. Selfish, destructive, doomed by our own hand.

http://www.naturalworlds.org/thylacine/additional/persecution/image_6.htm

And that is the TOTD
S.

No comments: